Questions? Call us at 574-223-3156After Hours: 800-286-2265

Service Questions

If my power goes out, what is the first thing I should do?

If you still have power in some areas, most likely a fuse has blown or a circuit breaker has opened.
If we respond to an outage that has been caused by the member’s own wiring, the member will be assessed a service charge.

  • To avoid a possible electric shock hazard, make sure your hands and the floor are dry.
  • Go to your home’s electric service panel – usually, a gray metal box on an interior wall of your basement or garage, near your outside electric meter.
  • Open the door of the service panel and see if a circuit breaker is tripped (or a fuse is blown). If so, reset the breaker (or replace the fuse).
  • To reset a tripped breaker, move the switch all the way to “OFF,” then all the way back to “ON.”

To report an outage, call us: 574-223-3156 Monday through Friday 7:30am – 4:30pm 
After hours at 1-800-286-2265 and tell us your map location number, as listed on your bill. This number helps to quickly identify the location of your individual electric service line.

You can also report an outage from your smartphone using our SmartHub application by tapping Service Status, which will also show if the service is already part of a know power outage. You can submit a comment and your GPS coordinates along with your outage submission.

What do I need to sign up for service to a new irrigator?

The irrigator needs to be installed with a clear path that a large truck can get to.

Can you cut down a tree for me?

We may or may not cut trees down. We will cut a tree down only if it is in danger of falling on our power line and we can do so in a timely manner without the possibility of damaging personal property. You will be responsible for any clean up and damage to your ground. Call the office to request it and spray an X on the tree.